Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Do We Fear God?

Greetings

As a nation we must turn back to God. That means each one of us must reevaluate our relationship with God. Our President has stated, America is not a Christian nation. We have reduced the glory of the Lord to our image and to the measure of corruptible man. Our actions as Christians should be influencing the President instead of his words influencing us.

We must seek to know more about God. The more I seek to know Him the more I realize I still have a long ways to go! Proverbs 23:17 says, "Be zealous (passionate) for the fear of the Lord all the day." We should ask God to increase our understanding concerning our fear of Him. Understanding how to properly fear Him will be a continuous revelation, however fearing Him is essential in order to have a proper relationship with Him.

Developing a Holy fear is the key to God's sure foundation, it is the key for unlocking the treasuries of salvation, wisdom and knowledge. Along with the love of God, it composes the very foundation of life!

The truth is we will serve whom we fear---If we fear God, we will serve Him. If we fear man, we will serve man. We must choose!

There are many promises for those who fear the Lord.

Promises angelic protection---Psalm 34:7 says, "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them."

Secures God's continual attention---Psalm 33:18 says, "Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy."

There are many more promises, more than I can list in this space. I suggest we take the time to understand exactly what it means to fear the Lord.

We must pray for our leaders, pray for their salvation and their relationship with God. As Americans we can disagree on many policies and the best course of action however, we all must agree that we are a Christian nation. If we are led by God then the best policies and actions will be His ways.

Blessings

Paul

1 comment:

  1. Paul – My daily reading has found me spending a lot of time in the Old Testament recently. As I read through the record of the Kings, I am continually amazed at how many leaders “did evil in the site of the Lord and lead the people astray”. The wrath of God – too often ignored these days in favor of a “feel good” theology – is a fearsome thing. Often God is recorded as “turning His back” on His children when they turned their back on Him. Our God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I think that applies to His holy jealousy and His wrath as well as His never-ending love. If we – His people – don’t choose to listen to His voice and fear Him, regardless of our national leadership, what might He decide to do with us? I continue to pray that in all things we might be found faithful. And that the struggles of this day and age will serve only to strengthen His us.

    Peace.
    G

    ReplyDelete